Schools, churches, nursing homes...To date happenings have been used in many different settings, school classes, assemblies, church services, Messy Church groups, youth groups, nursing homes, retreat centres and some individual thoughts for the day.
Individual schools throughout North Yorkshire include, Grassington Primary, Parish School Skipton, Burnsall, Skipton Girls High, Ermysteds, Embsay School, Carleton Primary, Bradleys Both Skipton, South Craven Academy, Church groups through the same area and others in schools throughout the Carlisle diocese.
- "What a fantastic resource, I just pop the box in my bag and have an idea, thought and reflection at my finger tips" Shelagh Hughes, Headteacher, Keswick.
- "Wow, so simple and effective, the children respond really well to this different approach"
Mrs E. Wheildon, Headteacher, Grassington.
- "What an amazing practical resource, so useful in schools and groups" Bert Thomas, Deputy director of Education, Carlisle diocese.
- "My children's ministry groups love them" Mandy Thorlby, Otley Christian resources Hub.
- "Happenings provides a wonderful way of interacting and reflecting with the pupils of our school community," Dales School, specialist school for cognition and learning, Northallerton.
- "That's my assemblies sorted for the next year" Gill Stinton, Deputy Head, Parish School Skipton.
- "Ice was fantastic," Dan, youth group member, Upper Wharfedale.
- Bishop Paul Butler, Bishop of Durham writes 'Happenings' is a colourful, creative prayer resource that is already proving its value in many places. The resource can work in small groups, Messy Church, cafe church, youth groups, children's groups and much else besides. Be creative with it and its value will be discovered to the full.
- Bishop John Pritchard writes Thank you very much for sending me a set of your excellent cards. They’re such a good idea and very professionally produced. You have a talented daughter! I’m glad they’re being used increasingly widely and will certainly do my best to commend them, though of course now that I’m no longer lead bishop on education for the Church of England I don’t have the leverage and reach that I used to.
Reading the CSP leaflet about your ministry I do commend you for such a valuable range of offerings. Schools need all the resourcing they can get to make the vital spiritual dimension of education come alive and you are clearly making a very important contribution.
With my thanks and best wishes
Bentham Community Primary School Thursday the 23rd of March was another fantastic day at Bentham Community Primary School. We held an RE (Religious Education) focus day where we looked in detail at the Christian story of Easter.
This story was delivered in many guises and by many enthusiastic people from our local and not so local area. It was a very different day for the children but I’m sure a day that will stick in their minds for a while.
The school children were split into KS1 and KS2 and then divided up into three groups across those year groups. The children then spent the day on a carousel of different activities that gave a slightly different perspective on the story and journey of Jesus at Easter.
Peter Thomas from ‘Craven Schools Partnership’ came along and gave his wealth of experience and knowledge. He ran an interactive session for KS2 all about the footsteps of Jesus and used different colourful pictures of Jesus to help the children reflect and then discuss certain aspects of the Easter story. Peter also led us in a collective worship at the end of the day where the children shared all the different activities and their experiences of the day with the whole school. If you would like to find out more about Peter please use this link, Craven Schools Partnership
Registered groups Cornerstone Christian Books, Skipton, St.Andrews Messy Church, Skipton. School groups throughout the Craven area of North Yorkshire, Scargill House, Kettlewell, Youth advisory board, Diocese of Leeds. Chichester Diocese Education Board.
Peter R. Thomas
7 Southwood Lane
Peter R. Thomas
7 Southwood Lane
Happenings on YouTube
Watch our latest updates
on our YouTube Channel